Friday, October 15, 2010

European men are like so

How is this guide to dating European men a book? Both because it's already an Onion article, and because young American women looking for European men don't need to look further than their American university campuses. (Grad-student ferners. Hello!) However, I sort of love the idea that a ex-Vanderbilt cheerleader fetishizes men from Macedonia. I'm also fond of the earnest comment at Jezebel about how the book's author is "othering" Euro dudes. The straight white male, oppressed at last.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I sort of love the idea that a ex-Vanderbilt cheerleader fetishizes men from Macedonia

That seems reasonable enough. I mean, it's only a matter of time until one of the concurs much of the known world again, right? I was also glad not to be disappointed in thinking that an ex Vanderbilt cheerleader would look especially typically American.