Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today in self-deprecation

After teaching the last class of the week, I was feeling a bit more wiped-out than usual, perhaps because of the two-week-long cold I'd taken with me to Montreal, or perhaps because I'm not 100% convinced I conveyed the difference between "que" and "qui" when used as relative pronouns. In any event, I hopped on the train to the only store where I ever shop, where this was nowhere to be found, nor this, but this did the trick - a better version of a dress I'd admired in a shop in Montreal, but that had cost about four times as much.

But it seemed that what I really needed was a snack, and after a bit of looking around SoHo, I ended up with a massive and massively messy chocolate chip cookie from here. It was only hours later, once I got home, that I realized just how much chocolate was all over my face. But as I was attempting to eat the cookie without crumbling any of it into the bag containing my new dress, I overheard a man ask the model whose hand he was holding as they walked down the street when her posters were going to go up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her Herzl posters.

Withywindle said...

Olive's has a very nice cowboy cookie.