Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sur le pont...

The thing I was most jealous of in this slideshow of a couple's chateau-esque house in Avignon was the dishwasher. It's towards the left of image #4, and by far the least objectively noteworthy aspect of this house. (It's a house with it's own name!) But oh, how I miss that appliance. My eyes automatically scan for them whenever I see or see a photo of a kitchen, and as far as I'm concerned, any home with a working dishwasher is Versailles. I mean, the massive French house surrounding the dishwasher would be nice too, but I'm thinking of building a thatched hut with a dishwasher, or pitching a tent with one, preferably somewhere near campus. I'm totally serious about this.

2 comments:

Scott Lemieux said...

Agreed. There were a lot of problems with the apartment I'm now vacating, but they dishwasher sold me...

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

My old place had one. My room didn't have a door, and a cop was shot on the street, but cooking dinner was a delight.