Sunday, August 20, 2006

No Canada like French Canada



I absolutely can't wait to be in Montreal. The first cafe listed in the Lonely Planet guide book is one that's named after the owner's dachshund. There are markets that sell raw-milk cheese. There are boutiques that I have not walked by a thousand times already. There are beautiful streets and churches and a giant underground city. It will be very exciting to go on a real vacation, not just a visit to an as-yet-undiscovered-by-me neighborhood in Brooklyn. Yes, it's neat that there are cafes and bars I'd never noticed before on Fulton and Lafayette, within walking distance of my apartment. But this will be another city entirely. In another country entirely. Hurray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage. -- JM

Nathan said...

2 of my favorites: Fairmount Bagels (74 AVENUE FAIRMOUNT OUEST) and Chez Jose (Duluth St). The biodome is cool, old city is kind of boring, hike mont royal the view is wonderful.