Friday, June 17, 2005

Making use of my neighborhood's resources

Today I took advantage of all the Upper East Side has to offer. Well, all it has to offer someone for whom shopping at Dolce & Gabbana or buying a $30 million townhouse aren't in the cards. So this meant, as the astute reader will see below, a trip to the Met's Chanel show, which was cool because of the shiny things, but the stuff at agnes b., which I'd taken a look at beforehand, was much nicer. Yes, the Chanel show was a store pretending to be an art exhibit, but the Dean and Deluca nearby is a museum pretending to be a supermarket, so that's just how it is. I also went running, making sure to promote both Chicago and Stuyvesant through the strategic use of fashion, and by fashion I mean shorts and a t-shirt. At Chicago I'd grown accustomed to running with people (ahem; plus another ahem to someone without a blog) whose jogging is my sprinting, to put it mildly, so it was great to see that there are in fact people out there whom I can easily outrun. Some were elderly, this is true, some but not all.

No comments: