Thursday, June 30, 2005

I'm old!

Looking at the looks of 1993, it occurs to me that I wore floral granny dresses with clunky shoes--and felt super-chic for doing so--in 5th grade, which if I did the calculations right would have been 1993-4. If you're old enough to remember dressing, of your own free will, in whatever was trendy in a year so long ago that it's being remembered in the Thursday Styles, then you're, you know, old. No, I don't remember the people who dressed like Madonna in 1985, so there is hope. But I am too old to shock New York Magazine by my presence in clubs, or would be if I were into going to clubs. I'm also so old that I remember the last oral-sex-scare, the one set off by the lovely Mlle. Lewinsky. Now that I think of it, the blue dress might count as a granny dress...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm also so old that I remember the last oral-sex-scare, the one set off by the lovely Mlle. Lewinsky. Now that I think of it, the blue dress might count as a granny dress..."

There is a damn good lewd joke residing somewhere in the intersection of this and the napkin tucked into sports bra bit.

But I'm off to get coffee, so you'll have to write your own.