Thursday, February 24, 2005

More substantive blogging later...

...but first, a shoe-related post: I noticed, while having lunch at the new GSB (which, incidentally, is not the place to order anything with black bean sauce), that women wear very chic but not-so-comfortable-looking shoes. Black shoes with high heels, worn with narrow jeans, seemed to be the look many were going for. Now, always one to look at interconnections between form and function, I can't help but notice that it's easy to get to the new GSB building wearing impractical shoes, whereas the cobblestone walk to Classics/Wieboldt is all but impossible in anything spiked or pointy. I know this first-hand, having walked, in impractical but chic shoes, to both buildings today. Everything's paved and smooth on the way to the GSB; my Classics mocha nearly spilled all over the cobblestones as I made my way the like five feet from Classics to my office this morning. Oh well.

No comments: