Saturday, December 11, 2004

Saturday Night Liveblogging

Back in NYC.

This is freaky. I think I'm off soup.

Via Matt Yglesias: Seems it's dorky to blog on a Saturday night. While this may be true, it is far dorkier to pay attention to precisely when the bloggers you read are posting.

Matt has also posted a response to my story of being "Number 18" in a Stuyvesant physics class--apparently at Dalton, students not only had names but were referred to by their physics teacher as "smart kids." I'm almost certain Stuyvesant teachers were instructed to convince their students that we were going nowhere fast, in order to let us be pleasantly shocked, our senior years, when we received college admissions letters.

Charles Kuffner has also responded to my post on being nothin' but a number, noting that, while at Stuy, he was always called by his name. [I should add that I, too, was usually called by my name by high school teachers, though one called me "Phobe" (pronounced "faube") and another called me "Wendy Liu."] Kuffner also mentions that he now knows of four bloggers (himself included) who are Stuy grads. I can think of a couple more. Given that there are so many of us, that we're so famously dorky, and that some of us find we have a lot of time on our hands now that we no longer have to commute to zero period gym, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stuyvesant is the high school best-represented in the blogosphere.

No comments: