Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sailors for Bush

"Everyone seemed to have their own anti-Bush group: Rock Against Bush, Women Against Bush, Babes Against Bush, Runners Against Bush. So I took out a sharpie and scribbled in "Sailors Against Bush."

"What's the idea behind Sailors Against Bush?" a reporter asked, holding a small digital recorder in my face as a CNN cameraman focused tightly in on my tag.

"Well, like a lot of people here, sailors have felt lost, you could say lost at sea, during the George W. Bush years," I said. A guy with chest hair peeking out of a half-unbuttoned silver shirt, and wearing cologne so strong I felt momentarily faint, patted me on the back, and said, "Right on." I gave him a thumbs-up and turned back to the reporter. "


The very funny Sean Macomber, reporter for The American Spectator, writes about hooking up at a liberal dating event. Looks like Republican Jews may not be missing out on too much. This event sounds pretty bad. Honestly, should people trying to meet each other really flirt using lines like "Do you think that Tucker Carlson is attractive?"

Scroll to the end of the article for some equally disturbing entries from conservative and libertarian dating sites. The Libertarian ones are by far the most wild, but you didn't need really need Macomber to tell you that.

No comments: